Tuesday, June 13, 2006


What a wonderful day

Well today is my birthday and what a great day I have had, lots of special phone calls from friends and family, I always feel so special when they all remember my birthday. Its that one day each year that is special. I love celebrating my birthday and today is one I will always remember.




Tuesday is always class day in the shop and today was wonderful, thanks so very much to all my terrific friends who came along and shared the day with me, we had lots of laughs, plenty of yummy food and there was also some sewing acheived. Thanks for all the speical pressies, I am so spoilt, love them all.
Emily made a yummy chocolate cake and Judy made cute patty cakes, there was even one with a K in the middle especially for me, they put candles on both so I had two birthday cakes. Not sure if you can notice, but we didn't have a knife so I pretented to cut them with - well what better tool then a rotary cutter.
My darling husband and children gave me a voucher to the beautians and hairdressers - looks like they think I need a make over now that I am half way between 40 and 50. Thanks heaps Nicole and Sebastian for organising your father.

Here we all are - Marilyn,Maryanne, Ros (hiding) Emily, Myself, Judy, Helen and Vicki and Eileen took the photo

Then this evening we had friends up for dinner, it is also Harvey's birthday today so thanks Joy and Harvey for spending the evening with us.



Over the weekend in between customers I managed to sew together all of the blocks for the new Polka Dot Girl quilt that I am running as a block of the month through the shop, this is a rough photo of the blocks layed out. I am very happy with the way it has all come together and yes I will try and cut up Block one this week so all you eager sewers can get busy. The cream looking blocks all have stitcheries on them.
Once again thanks heaps to everyone who made my birthday so special, and thanks for popping by and taking the time to read my blog.

Have a great week
Kerry

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! All the way from England!!!!!

I hope that you had a tops day!

Lauren x

Janelle Wind said...

So sorry I missed your special day. Glad you were spoilt xx Janelle

lindiepindie said...

Happy belated birthday! I love how you're holding the rotary cutter over your cupcakes! Fun!