Monday, October 15, 2007

Hectic Weekend.................................
After loading my Jeep up with as many kits, fat 1/4's and pattern as it would hold, Vicki and I headed off to Dubbo Friday afternoon, hoping to make it in time to up pack the car and set up the stall, before heading out for dinner with some blogland friends. We made it.
We met, Donna, Gillian and Fiona for a wonderful evening of non stop chatter, this is a photo of us all including Vicki in the red and my SIL Leanne with her arm around me.

Back to the show first thing Saturday to set the stall up probably before the crowds arrived at 10am, it was great to catch up with so many familiar faces, to many to name. Lots of ladies from that area have visited my shop so it was terrific to see them all again.

The committee that organised the show did a wonderful job, everyone was so happy all weekend, nothing was too big a problem, the food was great, the display of new and old quilts was outstanding.
Experiences like this leave me and I am sure everyone else, who visited the show, inspired and eager to squeeze in some time to sew, there are just so many ideas and patterns out there, who knows when I will get time to make them all.
A huge thanks to all those wonderful ladies that helped make the weekend such a success,
I was thrilled to be part of it.
Off to my sewing room for a little of me time.
Until next time happy sewing
Kerry

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all still buzzing with happiness and warm fuzzy feeling from meeting everyone on the weekend. Blog/craft friends are great. Thanks for organising Friday Dinner xx

Chookyblue...... said...

A great weekend was had by all.........

Chookyblue...... said...

hey just called in and you have changed everything since I was here last.............looks good..........

Gone Gardening said...

Thanks for making the big trip to Dubbo on the weekend. Your shop was a definite highlight. Can't wait until next year! Best wishes, Ros.

Tina said...

How is Tanya like "Lucinda"? The stall looks fantastic.
Tina

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hey Kerry, last weekend was great, your display looked fantastic, and always wonderful goodies to purchase.....love your new blog look
Peg

Patch said...

you are so clever - your updated blogsite is very trendy. I have made a cushion cover from paris cats - it's on my blog. picked up scott's quilt on the way home from dubbo - it is great- will post when i have it bound.