Saturday, November 25, 2006


Returned from Melbourne

Just a very quick post to let you all know I had a great time in Melbourne, the Australian Quilt Market was very good. I enjoyed my day there putting faces to voices with some of my wholesalers, meeting up with some old friends from the industry plus meeting new people with lots of wonderful ideas.
I have ordered a new quilt which I will be running as a block of the month during 2007, will keep you all posted on it, I also found lots of new ideas that hopefully I will work on over the chrissy break, so samples should be ready when classes resume in Feb. 2007.
One of the new fabric products to hit Australia are Jelly Rolls, they are 40 pre cut 2 1/2" strips of the lastest fabric ranges from Moda, this is a photo of the rolls I mananged to bring home with me, they sell for $60.00 each and there are half a dozen patterns out to make quilts using these Jelly Rolls.
Once orders arrive there will be new needles, tools, templates, patterns, fabrics etc in store. I fully intend having a complete overhaul of the web site during the next couple of months so keep an eye out there for all these new products.
Don't forget my Christmas Gathering which is to be held on Saturday 9th December, starting at 11am, there will be small kits to work on as well as lunch and a display. Bookings are essential and the day is completely free, so come along and join in the Chrissy spirit with us.
Also a reminder about the Table Runner Swap, only a few days to go, I need to know who is taking part by the end of November. Already have lots in the shop, what a great response.
Until next time,
Kerry

No comments: